HOSPITALITY MINISTRYHospitality ministry is serving God by welcoming and showing kindness to guests. Christ showed kindness to strangers and welcomed those who accepted the Lord. It's only natural that a church dedicated to spreading Christ's message would do the same.
The mission of the hospitality ministry is to provide a welcoming environment of love, acceptance, comfort, support, care, and unity for visitors, members, guests, and friends in order to enhance their worship experience, encourage fellowship, and help build a community of believers..
The hospitality ministry serves to reflect the love of Christ through expressions of gratitude, excitement, and enthusiasm, to:
- Create an inviting environment during our services and special events that is:
- Create a sense of belonging by making sure every visitor, member, and guest feels special and welcome in our church home.
- Decrease the amount of stress, anxiety, fear, and confusion for our visitors and guests through resources, such as:
- Greeters/Ushers/Security Attendants
- Welcome/Visitor packages
- Translators (when necessary)
- Visitor Cards
- Encourage a smooth transition from being a visitor to becoming a member.
The word of God teaches us that we have a duty to greet & welcome each other, be hospitable toward others, and fellowship with each other. The motivation for the hospitality ministry comes from the following scriptures.
- “Greet one another with a holy kiss. All the churches of Christ send greetings.”Romans 16:16
- “Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for by this some have entertained angels without knowing it.” Hebrews 13:2
- “But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.” 1John 1:7
- “The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.” Matthew 25:40
* Additional Verses*
(1Peter 4:9, Romans 12:13, Romans 15:7)
The Hospitality Ministry is founded on 5 principles which are:
- Welcome: To greet our visitors, guests, and members in a way to make them feel comfortable as they participate in our worship services and events.
- Hospitality: To express warmth, generosity, and kindness to our visitors, guests, and members by creating and maintaining a hospitable environment that is open, friendly, and sociable.
- Fellowship: To build a community of believers by developing special programs, events, trips, etc. that will create an open, friendly, and sociable environment. To create unity among believers through the sharing of mutual or common activities, experiences, goals, ideas, and feelings.
- Organization: To manage our worship services and events in order to help create an environment that brings order, prevents chaos, is agreeable, enjoyable, and pleasant for worship by limiting all distractions and disturbances, such as, conversations, walking back and forth, care for babies, eating and drinking in the sanctuary, excessive noise, cell phone usage, children playing with toys and games, and any other related interruptions.
- Discipline: To ensure that the church members, guests, and visitors are following the rules, regulations, protocols, and procedures of the hospitality ministry in order to avoid chaos, confusion, and disorder.